Student iRide SmarTrip Card
The Student SmarTrip Card makes it easier for Arlington elementary, middle and high students to get around.
Why Get One?
It Saves Money. ART bus rides only cost $1.00 with the card.
It's Easy. It's just like a regular SmarTrip card that works on ART, Metrobus and Metrorail.
It's Convenient. You don't have to worry about carrying cash.
Arlington students in grades K - 12 can purchase the card for $2.00 at any Commuter Store with locations in Ballston, Rosslyn, Crystal City and Shirlington, or the Mobile Commuter Store which makes regularly scheduled stops throughout Arlington. Students must purchase the card in person, complete the registration form (see below) and show their student ID (if applicable) or any form of ID at the time of purchase.
Registration Form (PDF) -- The Student iRide SmarTrip card must be registered at the Commuter Store at the time of purchase. Print and fill out the registration form ahead of time and bring it with you to the Commuter Store to make purchasing the card quicker and easier.
Have questions? Check out the iRide SmarTrip Card FAQ for more info.
Terms & Conditions
- The card is good until the student graduates from high school. The bearer is subject to being carded by authorized transit employees or police. If carded, presentation of a student ID, with proof of age, must be produced on demand.
- One card per youth.
- Card must be registered at the time of purchase.
- Card must be tapped on the farebox for bus entry.
- Card cannot be exchanged for cash. If lost, stolen or inoperable, remaining values will be transferred to a replacement card that may be purchased.
- The iRide discount is only available on ART – Arlington Transit buses.
- Stored value may be used on other regional transit systems and Metrorail.
- Card must remain in possession of registrant. Card must not be given to family or friends.
- When used on Metrorail, card is used for both entry and exit if stored value is on card.
- SmarTrip contains sensitive electronics, do not bend, perforate or expose to extreme temperatures.
- For information about SmarTrip or to report a problem with your card, please call 1-888-762-7874 (TDD: 1-703-620-8782).
- If found, please return to: Arlington Transit, 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 900, Arlington VA 22201
- SmarTrip logo is a registered trademark of WMATA.