There are many apps, web-based tools and other resources to make it easier to use ART, Metrobus, and other transit systems in the area. Click on a section head below to learn more about each tool.
- ART Service Alerts
Sign-up to receive emails or text messages about ART service changes or disruptions. You can also follow ART Alerts for all routes on Facebook, Twitter, or by RSS feed. View current service alerts on the Service Alerts page.
- ART RealTime Tools
ART RealTime tells you when the next ART bus will arrive at your bus stop. RealTime information is available through a variety of tools:
- See your bus moving on the system map, sign up for ART alerts, and plan your trip with Art Bus Arrival Display and Planner
- Get ART RealTime information online on the ART RealTime Arrivals page
- Get ART RealTime information optimized for Smartphones from CommuterPage.com Mobile Services
- RealTime arrival predictions can be viewed by clicking the ART icons on the system map and individual route maps on the ART site.
- Maps & Trip Planners
- ART System Map Online – Interactive, online map showing all ART routes.
- ART System Map (PDF) – Map showing all art routes, in PDF format. 741 KB.
- ART Printer-Friendly Route Schedules and Maps - A printable schedule is available for each ART route. Go to Routes & Schedules and choose the ART route you're interested in. A link to the Printer-Friendly Schedule and Map is near the top of each route page.
- Moovit Trip Planner - The ART home page includes a transit trip planner powered by Moovit. There's also a Moovit Trip Planner in Rider Tools.
- Arlington's Car-Free Diet Map (PDF, 1.8 MB, Adobe Reader required.) - Map of Arlington showing bus routes, bike routes, bicycle/pedestrian trails, Metro stations, Capital Bikeshare stations, and more.
- Metro's Trip Planner - Plan a trip using the Metro system and Washington, D.C. area bus systems.
- Car-Free Near Me shows the location of car-free transportation options near any location in Arlington or the Washington, D.C. area. See what bus routes serve the area, and where the bus stops are. Locate Capital Bikeshare stations, Zipcars, and Metrorail stations. Get real-time arrival information for transit, and real-time availability for Capital Bikeshare.
- Google Maps includes bus stop locations and schedule information for Metrobus, ART, DASH, Circulator, and other local bus systems. The "Get Directions" function allows you to choose your mode of travel: transit, walking, bicycling, or transit.
Moovit guides you from point A to B providing bus and train times, maps and real-time arrival information for local transit options including ART, Metrobus, Metrorail, DASH, VRE, Fairfax Connector, Ride On and more.
- Point-to-Point Schedules
Point-to-Point lets you create a custom bus schedule showing all buses running between two schedule time points,* regardless of the bus system. Point-to-Point Schedules are available for your desktop computer or mobile device. See the Point-to-Point Schedules page for more information.
*Time points are the bus stops listed in the online schedules and printed schedules for each route.
- Mobile Web Tools & Apps
Trip planners and other tools for mobile devices.
Transit app shows transit routes and provides upcoming departure times for ART and many other systems. The app is available for iOS and Android.
Moovit app lets you plan your trip from Point A to B by providing bus and train times, maps, and real-time arrival information for ART and other local transit systems. Available for iOS and Android.
Mobile web tools from CommuterPage.com Mobile Services include:
- Tools from WMATA
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) operates the regional Metrorail and bus systems. WMATA offers a Trip Planner that includes information for ART and other local bus systems. Real-time Metrobus arrivals are provided by busETA. Service alerts for Metrorail, MetroAccess, and Metro system elevators are available through Metro Status and Alerts.
- Other Rider Tools
Links to more tools and resources, including the Commuter Store, CommuterDirect.com, and more.
- CommuterDirect.com – Purchase ART and other transit fares online.
- The Commuter Store – Purchase fares and get transit information in person at five Arlington locations and affiliated stores.
- Mobile Commuter Store – The Commuter Store comes to a location near your home or work.
Information and links to more tools and resources are available on the Other Tools and Resources page.
- Tools for Developers
ART makes schedule data and other information available to developers to use in their own applications. ART data is available as Google Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) data and web services. More information and links are on the Tools for Developers page. If you come up with something useful, please let us know so we can provide a link to it!