Welcome to ART News! We encourage you to voice ideas, opinions, and concerns using the comment field at the end of each post.
- Subscribe to the ART News RSS feed or load this into your preferred RSS reader: feed://www.arlingtontransit.com/feed/
- More subscription options
- Follow ART on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Online Public Participation Policy
Recent Blog Posts
- Detours on Sept. 21 for Clarendon Day and Fun Run
There will be several ART bus detours in Clarendon on Saturday, September 21, for the 2019 Annual Clarendon Day Festival and the Clarendon Day 10K/5K Run. Detours will affect the ART 41, 42, 43, 45, 55 and 77 routes.
- Try Transit Week September 16 - 20
In celebration of Try Transit Week, September 16 – 20, Arlington Transit is planning some fun activities to encourage people to ride ART as well as thank current riders for using the service.
- Stuff the Bus Food Drive September 21 & 22
Help ART and the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) "stuff" an ART bus full of non-perishable food items. Stuff the Bus events will be held on September 21 and 22 at the Giant Food stores located at Lyon Village and VA Square.
- Holiday Service on September 2 for Labor Day
ART will operate holiday service on Monday, September 2, 2019, in observance of Labor Day. ART 41, 42, 45, 51, 55 and 87 will operate on Sunday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate and the ART customer call center will be closed.
- Arlington County's Guide for Implementing Flexible Transportation Services
Arlington County's Guide for Implementing Flexible Transportation Services is the result of a research effort that looked at on-demand transit service across the United States and examined case studies from other jurisdictions. The study explored different types of on-demand service with a focus on those that operate in an urban environment similar to Arlington’s.
- Holiday Service for July 4
ART will operate holiday service on Thursday, July 4, 2019, in observance of Independence Day. ART 41, 42, 45, 51, 55 and 87 will operate on Sunday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate and the ART customer call center will be closed.