Welcome to ART News! We encourage you to voice ideas, opinions, and concerns using the comment field at the end of each post.
- Subscribe to the ART News RSS feed or load this into your preferred RSS reader: feed://www.arlingtontransit.com/feed/
- More subscription options
- Follow ART on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Online Public Participation Policy
Recent Blog Posts
- Arlington County's Guide for Implementing Flexible Transportation Services
Arlington County's Guide for Implementing Flexible Transportation Services is the result of a research effort that looked at on-demand transit service across the United States and examined case studies from other jurisdictions. The study explored different types of on-demand service with a focus on those that operate in an urban environment similar to Arlington’s.
- Holiday Service for July 4
ART will operate holiday service on Thursday, July 4, 2019, in observance of Independence Day. ART 41, 42, 45, 51, 55 and 87 will operate on Sunday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate and the ART customer call center will be closed.
- Summer Fun with ART!
Looking for some fun activities this summer? Here’s a list of events taking place in Arlington and the ART bus routes that can take you there!
- ART 43 and 53 Service Changes Effective Starting June 30
ART 43 and 53 service changes will now go into effect starting on Sunday, June 30, 2019.
ART 43 and 53 schedule and route changes will go into effect starting on Sunday, June 30, 2019. ART 43 weekend service is being eliminated. ART 53 mid-day service and the 53W extension to Westover is also being eliminated.
- ART 42 & 87 Bus Stop at Pentagon Metro Relocated Starting May 28
The ART 42 and 87 bus stop located at Bus Bay U3 at the Pentagon Metro station will be relocated to Bus Bay L8 starting on May 28.
- Holiday Service on May 27 for Memorial Day
ART will operate holiday service on Monday, May 27, 2019, in observance of Memorial Day. ART 41, 42, 43, 45, 51, 55 and 87 will operate on Sunday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate and the ART customer call center will be closed.