Welcome to ART News! We encourage you to voice ideas, opinions, and concerns using the comment field at the end of each post.
- Subscribe to the ART News RSS feed or load this into your preferred RSS reader: feed://www.arlingtontransit.com/feed/
- More subscription options
- Follow ART on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Online Public Participation Policy
Recent Blog Posts
- New Phone Number for STAR Customer Call Center Effective June 1
A new phone number for the STAR Customer Call Center will start being used on Monday, June 1. The new phone number will be 703-228-1900.
- Holiday Service on May 25 for Memorial Day
ART will operate holiday service on Monday, May 25, 2020, in observance of Memorial Day. ART 41, 42, 45, 51, 55 and 87 will operate on Sunday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate and the ART customer call center will be closed.
- East Falls Church, VA Square and Clarendon Metro Stations Closing on March 26
Starting on Thursday, March 26, Metro will be closing 17 Metro stations in an effort to conserve critical resources and protect the health and safety of Metro employees and the public. Stations in Arlington that will be closed include East Falls Church, Virginia Square and Clarendon.
- Rear Boarding and Free Fare on ART Buses Starting March 24
Starting Tuesday, March 24, Arlington Transit – ART bus riders will enter and exit all ART buses using the rear doors only. Customers who require the use of a wheelchair ramp can still enter the bus through the front door. ART will also be suspending fare collection on all ART buses since the farebox is located at the front door.
- Arlington Transit Bus Service Reduced Starting March 16
Beginning Monday, March 16, ART will provide service on a Saturday schedule. This is in response to COVID-19-related developments.
- ART Takes Precautions, Prepares for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
See the steps ART’s service provider is taking to keep passengers safe.