Welcome to ART News! We encourage you to voice ideas, opinions, and concerns using the comment field at the end of each post.
- Subscribe to the ART News RSS feed or load this into your preferred RSS reader: feed://www.arlingtontransit.com/feed/
- More subscription options
- Follow ART on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Online Public Participation Policy
Recent Blog Posts
- Stuff-the-Bus Event on September 26 & 27
Arlington Transit will be partnering with the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) to hold a stuff-the-bus event on September 26 and 27. Help us fill STAR vehicles with non-perishable food items.
- Holiday Service on September 7 for Labor Day
Arlington Transit will operate holiday bus service on Monday, September 7, 2020, in observance of Labor Day. ART 41, 42, 45, 51, 55 and 87 will operate on Sunday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate and the ART customer call center will be closed.
- ART 55 and 87 Schedule Changes Effective August 24
ART 55 and 87 weekday schedule changes will go into effect on Monday, August 24. The changes are slight tweaks to the weekday bus schedules to help improve on-time performance.
- ART Bus Service to Increase Starting on August 23
Starting on Sunday, August 23, Arlington Transit will increase bus service. The majority of service will be restored to pre-Covid levels while Arlington Transit continues to take precautions to keep passengers and operators safe.
- Columbia Pike Construction to Impact ART 41, 45 & 75 Bus Routes Starting August 3
Starting Monday, August 3, construction at the intersection of S. Dinwiddie St and Columbia Pike will require temporary changes to ART Routes 41, 45 and 75 and bus stops in that area. Construction is expected to last 3 – 5 days.
- STAR Allowing Non-Essential Trips Starting July 13
Beginning on Monday, July 13, STAR, Arlington County’s paratransit service, will allow users to book non-essential trips.