Welcome to ART News! We encourage you to voice ideas, opinions, and concerns using the comment field at the end of each post.
- Subscribe to the ART News RSS feed or load this into your preferred RSS reader: feed://www.arlingtontransit.com/feed/
- More subscription options
- Follow ART on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Online Public Participation Policy
Recent Blog Posts
- Taking ART to Get Your Vaccine
As more people become eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, it’s time to start thinking about how you’ll get to the vaccination site when it’s your turn to get a vaccine shot. Taking transit to get your vaccine appointment eliminates the hassle of having to drive and find parking. Use the Moovit Transit Trip Planner found on the homepage of the Arlington Transit website to plan your car-free trip to get your vaccine.
- Holiday Service on February 15 for Presidents' Day
ART will operate holiday service on Monday, February 15, in observance of Presidents' Day. ART 41, 42, 45, 51, 55, 77 and 87 will operate Saturday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate.
- Federal Face Mask Mandate for Transit Users Effective February 2
A federal face mask mandate for transit users will go into effect at 11:59 pm on Monday, February 1, 2021. Travelers on airplanes and public transportation will be required to wear face masks to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- Holiday Service for ART and STAR on January 18 and 20
ART will operate holiday service on both Monday, January 18, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and on Wednesday, January 20, in observance of Inauguration Day. On both days, ART 41, 42, 45, 51, 55, 77 and 87 will operate Saturday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate.
- El pago de pasajes y el embarque por la puerta delantera se reanudan en los autobuses de ART el 3 de enero
- Fare Collection and Front Door Boarding to Resume on ART Buses Starting January 3
All Arlington Transit - ART buses will resume front door boarding and fare collection starting on Sunday, January 3, 2021. Riders will begin boarding buses through the front door and will pay their fare at the fare box using a SmarTrip card or exact change.