ART Bus Service to Increase Starting on August 23
August 07, 2020
Starting on Sunday, August 23, Arlington Transit will increase bus service. The majority of service will be restored to pre-Covid levels while Arlington Transit continues to take precautions to keep passengers and operators safe.
ART 53, 61, 62 and 74 will remain out of service.
When riding ART, all passengers must:
- Wear a face mask or face covering while on the ART buses.
- Enter and exit all ART buses using the rear doors. Customers who require the use of a wheelchair ramp can still enter the bus through the front door. Fare collection will remain suspended on all ART buses.
- Practice social distancing at the bus stops and on the buses when possible.
To keep passengers and operators safe and help slow the spread of COVID-19, Arlington Transit is taking the following steps:
- Cleaning and sanitizing the buses throughout the day.
- Deep cleaning and sanitizing all buses thoroughly at the end of each night by using approved disinfectant to wipe down all stanchions, hand rails, passenger seats, windows and all components in the driver’s area.
- Sanitizing the HVAC system on the buses with a cleaning agent designed to kill germs and prevent them from being recirculated in the bus.
- Placing signage on seats to block them off to create more space between passengers.
- Requiring all passengers to wear a face mask or covering while on the bus.
- Adding more buses into service to prevent crowding.
Watch the video to learn more about what Arlington Transit is doing to keep passengers and operators safe:
Visit Arlington County's web site for information from the Arlington County Public Health Division.
About User Comments
The User Comments form is a way to share your thoughts with other visitors to this page. If you have a comment or question for Arlington Transit staff, please contact Arlington Transit.
Comments posted here will be published on this page after approval. A valid email address is required to post a comment. Your email address will not be displayed, or used for any purpose except to contact you about your comment or question.