Arlington Transit Bus Service Reduced Starting March 16
March 14, 2020
Edited to note: Starting Thursday, April 2, the STAR Call Center will operate on a reduced schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Closed on Saturday. There are no changes to STAR service hours.
Arlington Transit has been closely monitoring COVID-19-related developments and has decided to operate reduced bus service to help slow the spread of the virus.
- ART 42 & 87 will terminate at the Pentagon instead of Pentagon City
- ART 45 will start 1 hour early at 6:30 am
- ART 43 will operate every 20 minutes from 6 am to 11 pm following its weekday route
All other ART routes will not operate.
Real time schedule information will not be available for the ART 42, 43, 45 and 87 routes. For all other ART routes, real time schedules will be available starting Thursday, March 19. For all schedules, please call 703-228-RIDE (7433) or consult the Arlington Transit website.
STAR service will continue to provide normal service. Starting Thursday, April 2, the STAR Call Center will operate on a reduced schedule. The Call Center will be open Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and closed on Saturday.
Passengers are requested not to schedule medical trips if showing signs of illness. Please speak with your medical provider first and make other transportation arrangements avoiding public transportation.
ART and STAR services will be monitored daily and may be subject to change in response to the latest conditions.
In addition, ART will continue to follow these steps to keep passengers safe:
- Educate bus operators on the virus and the need to wash hands regularly and properly.
- Distribute hand sanitizers for each employee.
- Install hand sanitizer dispensers at all facility entrances.
- Deep clean and sanitize all buses thoroughly at the end of each night by using approved disinfectant to wipe down all stanchions, hand rails, passenger seats, windows and all components in the driver’s area.
- Review cleaning protocols and encourage good personal hygiene habits
Visit Arlington County's web site for information from the Arlington County Public Health Division.
About User Comments
The User Comments form is a way to share your thoughts with other visitors to this page. If you have a comment or question for Arlington Transit staff, please contact Arlington Transit.
Comments posted here will be published on this page after approval. A valid email address is required to post a comment. Your email address will not be displayed, or used for any purpose except to contact you about your comment or question.