STAR fares are structured on a zone basis as listed below. All trips must begin or end in Arlington.
Zone 1: $4.00
1. Trips inside Arlington.
2. You can use the $4 STAR Coupons to pay for these trips. See below for more information.
Zone 2: $5.50
1. Trips to DC, Alexandria, Falls Church, or Fairfax County inside the Beltway as well as Inova Fairfax Hospital/Woodburn Mental Health campus at 3300 Gallows Road.
2. You can use a combination of the $5 and $0.50 STAR Coupons to pay for these trips. See below for more information.
Zone 3: $9.50
1. Trips to Fairfax County outside the Beltway, Montgomery County, or Prince George's County.
2. You can use a combination of $4, $5 and $0.50 STAR Coupons to pay for these trips. See below for more information.
Have your MetroAccess photo ID and exact fare in cash or STAR fare coupons ready. Pay the driver before the trip departs. Drivers are not required to carry change or make change.
You may pay your fare with STAR coupons that are sold at The Commuter Store. Coupons are worth $3.00, $4.00, $5.00 or $0.50 and sold in booklets of 10. Call 703-228-RIDE (7433) for information about purchasing or go to www.CommuterDirect.com.
Learn more about the zones, coupon books and fares for additional passengers.