Urgent Service Updates
- Detour 43 92 by Crystal City Metro
The Crystal City Metro ART 43&92 stop has been moved 200 feet north, just before the overpass to S. Clark, due to Construction at S. Bell & 18th. Please allow a few extra minutes travel time. This relocation could last six weeks. The bus will not stop on 18th Street.
- Detour 43 92 by Crystal City Metro
There are many web-based tools, mobile apps, and other tools and resources to make it easier to use ART, Metrobus, and other transit systems in the area. Click on a section head below to learn more about each tool.
Submit your favorite tools! If you use an app, website, or other tool that makes it easier for you to get around Arlington and the DC area by walking, biking, or taking public transportation, please tell us about it!
- ART Service Alerts
- ART RealTime Tools
ART RealTime tells you when the next ART bus will arrive at your bus stop. RealTime information is available through a variety of tools:
- Get ART RealTime information at the bus stop with the BusFinder
- Get ART RealTime information on your Smartphone
- Get ART RealTime information on your computer at the ART RealTime Arrivals page
- RealTime arrival predictions can be viewed by clicking the ART icons on the system map and individual route maps on the ART site.
- Connexionz has produced an online map with arrival information for every ART bus stop. Microsoft Silverlight is required to view the map.
- Maps & Trip Planners
Maps of transit service in Arlington.
- ART Printer-Friendly Route Schedules and Maps - A flyer in Portable Document Format (PDF) is available on for each ART route. Click "Routes" in the navigation menu on the left and choose the ART route you're interested in. A link to the Printer-Friendly Schedule and Map is near the top of each route page.
- ART Bus Stop Map - Online map showing all ART bus stops with stop numbers, routes that serve each stop, and ART RealTime information. Microsoft Silverlight is required to view the map.
- Arlington's Car-Free Diet Map (PDF, 5.1 MB, Adobe Reader required.) - Schematic map of Arlington showing bus routes, bike routes, bicycle/pedestrian trails, Metro stations, Capital Bikeshare stations, and more.
- CarFreeAtoZ is the Washington, D.C. area's first multi-modal trip planning and comparison tool. Choose a starting point and destination, and compare options for your trip, including multi-modal options, such as walking to an ART bus stop or bicycling to a Metro station.
- Car-Free Near Me shows the location of car-free transportation options near any location in Arlington or the Washington, D.C. area. See what bus routes serve the area, and where the bus stops are. Locate Capital Bikeshare stations, Zipcars, and Metrorail stations. Get real-time arrival information for transit, and real-time availability for Capital Bikeshare.
- Google Maps includes bus stop locations and schedule information for Metrobus, DASH, Circulator, and other local bus systems. The "Get Directions" function allows you to choose your mode of travel: transit, walking, bicycling, or transit. ART data is not yet included, but we hope to see it soon.
- Hop Stop - Trip planner provides point-to-point directions using transit, biking, or walking. Choose start and end points by address or by clicking on a map. Also provides information about taxi fares, and links to restaurants, shopping, and other destinations near your route. In addition to the website, free apps are available for Android, iPhone, and Blackberry.
- Point-to-Point Schedules
Point-to-Point lets you create a custom bus schedule showing all buses running between two schedule time points,* regardless of the bus system. Point-to-Point Schedules are available for your desktop computer or mobile device. See the Point-to-Point Schedules page for more information.
*Time points are the bus stops listed in the online schedules and printed schedules for each route.
- Mobile Web Tools & Apps
Trip planners and other tools for mobile devices.
Mobile web tools from CommuterPage.com Mobile Services include:
- ART RealTime arrival predictions
- Full schedules for ART, Metrobus routes in Virginia, CUE, DASH, Fairfax Connector, Loudoun County Transit, and VRE
- Upcoming scheduled arrival times for the transit systems listed above
- Point-to-Point Schedules customized for your start and end points and the time you want to travel
- Service alerts for ART and Metro
Mobile web tools available from Metro Mobile Services include:
- Trip Planner
- Next scheduled departure times
- Real-time arrival predictions for bus and rail
- Service disruptions
- SmarTrip Mobile
For more information, see Mobile Web Tools & Apps
- Tools from WMATA
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) operates the regional Metro system and is often referred to as "Metro." WMATA offers a Trip Planner that includes information for ART and other local bus systems, and uses the NextBus system to provide real-time arrival information for Metrobus. eAlerts are available for Metrorail, MetroAccess and Metro system elevators.
- Other Rider Tools
- CommuterDirect.com – Purchase ART and other transit fares online.
- The Commuter Store – Purchase fares and get transit information in person at four Arlington locations.
- Mobile Commuter Store – The Commuter Store comes to a location near your home or work.
- Digital Transit Information Signs – Several types of electronic signs provide location-specific transit information without the need for a smart phone with transit apps installed.
- Walk Score provides scores for walkability, bikeability, and transit service for any address.
More information and links to more tools and resources are available on the Other Tools and Resources page.
- Tools for Developers
ART makes schedule data and other information available to to developers to use in their own applications. ART data is available as Google Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) data and web services. More information and links are on the Tools for Developers page. If you come up with something useful, please let us know so we can provide a link to it!