- Regular cash fare: $1.50
- Regular fare with a SmarTrip® card: $1.50
- Children under five: Free
- Virginia Hospital Center-Arlington employees with hospital ID ride free on ART 51 and ART 52 only
Customers using SmarTrip cards get free or discounted transfers within a two-hour time period. ART does not issue or accept paper transfers.
- Transfer from Metrobus to ART or ART to another ART bus with SmarTrip card: Free
- Transfer from Metrorail to ART or ART to Metrorail with SmarTrip card: $0.50 discount
- Transfer from ART to Metrobus with SmarTrip card: $0.10
- Without a SmarTrip card, transfers require full fare
- Gold ART full-fare tokens and Metrobus tokens are accepted as full fare.
- Fare for senior citizens (age 65 and over with any ID that shows date of birth) and people with disabilities (with WMATA ID or Medicare card): $0.75
- With Senior/Disabled SmarTrip card: $0.75
- Transfer from Metrorail to ART or ART to Metrorail with SmarTrip: $0.75
- Transfer from Metrobus to ART or ART to another ART bus with SmarTrip: Free
- Transfer from ART to Metrobus with SmarTrip: $0.05
iRide Teen Discount
- Teens receive a $0.75 discounted fare when paying with cash, a green iRide token or a Student iRide SmarTrip card.
- More about iRide