Urgent Service Updates
- Holiday Service Reminder
ART will run Sunday Service on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday Nov. 26 and Saturday Service on Friday Nov.27.
- ART 62 Detour by Washington Lee HS
Due to storm sewer construction, avoid stops on 15th St. N & on Quincy north of Washington Blvd 9AM-5PM starting Weds, Nov 18th thru Thanksgiving. This affects stops by Washington Lee High School.
- Holiday Service Reminder
Adopt an ART bus stop and help keep Arlington County a beautiful and clean place to live, work and visit!
|Sign-up to Adopt-a-Stop||View Adoptable Stops||Safety Tips||Group Form|
Arlington Transit's Adopt-a-Stop program relies upon community partnerships to help maintain bus stops throughout the County. Individuals or groups can apply to adopt an ART bus stop for a commitment of one year. The adopter pledges to keep their adopted bus stop clean and perform the duties listed below. Bus stop adopters will be publicly recognized with a sign at the adopted bus stop and recognition on ART's web site.
ART bus stops along ART's 15 routes can be adopted. See a list of the bus stops you can adopt.
Individuals, community groups, civic associations and leasing agencies who own apartment complexes in Arlington County are encouraged to participate in the Adopt-a-Stop program. Sign-up to participate!
For questions or more information please call 703-228-3545.
- Adopt one (or more) ART bus stop(s) for one year. View the list of adoptable stops.
- Regularly maintain (at least once a week) the adopted bus stop by being responsible for trash pick-up.
- When it snows, clear a sidewalk path from the nearest curb ramp to the bus stop and a path from the bus stop to the road. See snow removal guidelines (PDF, 192 KB)
- Report vandalism, disturbances, safety issues, and items left at the bus stop to Arlington Transit.
- Participants must be 18 years or older, unless they are part of a group. If a group of participants wants to adopt a stop the group leader must be at least 18 years of age and a group form must be filled out and turned in.
Arlington Transit agrees to:
- Perform, at the participant’s request, graffiti removal, overgrown grass removal and bus stop repairs.
- Install, at the participant’s request, a trash receptacle at the adopted bus stop.
- Provide, at the participant's request, safety vests for adopters to wear while cleaning the bus stop.
For performing the above listed duties the participant will:
- Be recognized with a sign at the adopted bus stop. It will take 4-6 business weeks to create and install the sign.
- Receive mention in press releases about the Adopt-a-Stop program.
- Be listed on Arlington Transit’s website.