Tools for Developers
ART makes schedule data, ART RealTime data, and other information available to developers to use in their own applications. If you come up with something useful, please let us know so we can provide a link to it!
General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS)
GTFS is an open format, used by Google to combine schedule and route data from transit agencies with geographic data for use in applications, like Google Maps. Other software developers may be able to use this data for other applications.
Arlington Transit (ART) makes its schedule and route data freely available.
Download GTFS data below. Files are updated daily at 3:35 a.m.
General Transit Feed Specification Realtime (GTFS-realtime)
GTFS-realtime is a feed specification that allows public transportation agencies to provide realtime updates about their fleet to application developers. It is an extension to GTFS (General Transit Feed Specification), an open data format for public transportation schedules and associated geographic information. GTFS-realtime was designed around ease of implementation, good GTFS interoperability and a focus on passenger information.The specification was designed through a partnership of the initial Live Transit Updates partner agencies, a number of transit developers and Google. The specification was introduced and released under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license in August 2011.
- Direct link to ART GTFS-realtime tripupdate files - updated every 30 seconds
- Google's GTFS-realtime page
Google Earth KML feeds
ART provides basic news and schedule information as web services, for developers who want to use it in their applications and websites. The information is presented via Web Services Description Language (WSDL), an XML-based messaging system. The information provided by the WSDL is open to the public.
Journey Planner Schema
JP is an export format written by Connexionz to provide trip planning and arrival information to the Christchurch, NZ Metro riders before there was a Google schema. There is no known documentation written for this schema. It can be seen in action here. Use Moorhouse Ave as the From (use any suburb) and Bealey Ave as your To (again any suburb).
- Journey Planner Schema -- Defines JP queries
- JP Platform -- Platform locations (WGS84) etc
- JP Platform Group -- Alternate names for 1 or more platforms
- JP Route Pattern -- Route pattern path & associated platforms
- JP Route Position ET, Platform Tag -- ETA predictions by Platform Tag
- JP Route Position ET, Platform Number -- ETA predictions by Platform Number
- JP Route Position ET2, Platform Tag -- Replaces TripNo with GTFS TripID & adds service alerts
- JP Route Position ET2, Platform Number -- Replaces TripNo with GTFS TripID & adds service alerts
- JP Service Calendar -- Service amendments & alerts
- RSS Service Calendar -- Service Alerts