Weekly Bus Pass Users Must Have SmarTrip Card
January 20, 2011 -- Starting Saturday, January 29, Metro will no longer sell the paper weekly bus pass. This affects Metrobus, ART and all other regional bus providers. Users of the 7-Day Regional Bus Pass must have a plastic SmarTrip card.
Advantages of having the weekly bus pass on your SmarTrip card include:
- Being able to buy passes for two weeks at a time
- Having the pass start on any day and being valid for the next seven consecutive days
- Same cost as the paper version ($15)
- Unlimited travel on regular Metrobus and regional bus routes, including ART, DASH, DC Circulator, CUE, Fairfax Connector, Ride On and TheBus
- SmarTrip cards can be used on both the bus and the Metro train
- You can not add a bus pass to your card if you have a negative balance
- You must register your SmarTrip card at www.smartrip.com before you can file a claim
Customers can purchase a SmarTrip card and add the 7-Day Regional Bus Pass to it at any Metro sales office or one of the Commuter Stores located in Ballston, Rosslyn, Crystal City and Shirlington. Learn more at www.metroopensdoors.com
Visit the Mobile Commuter Store!
The Mobile Commuter Store will be selling SmarTrip cards and bus passes along Columbia Pike on Saturday, January 29. Come see us to purchase a SmarTrip card and get your questions answered.
Where: Corner of Columbia Pike and South George Mason Dr. in the shopping center parking lot
When: January 29 from 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
For more sharing tools, click "Share" at the top of the page.
The User Comments form is a way to share your thoughts with other visitors to this page. If you have a comment or question for Arlington Transit staff, please contact Arlington Transit.
Comments posted here will be published on this page after approval. A valid email address is required to post a comment. Your email address will not be displayed, or used for any purpose except to contact you about your comment or question.